Howdy!

This blog was created to share my love of photography and baking, all the through being a Marine wife and a stay-at-home mother.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

NO butter cookies!

update:  We have moved due to orders from the Marine Corp. My husband re-enlisted in the Marine Corps, and we moved ourselves. Within a week, everything fell into place and we moved in three days. So 3 days later and nine hours of sleep, we were in our new place. We were all exhausted but happy to be somewhere new. 
So far.. we been here two months. the neighborhood is alright.So far it's a rough summer. Our neighbor's house across the street burned down.There were about four fire engines outside our house for most of that morning. I let the neighbors use our lawn for most of the morning. I can't imagine being in their shoes. their kids are grown and they grew up in that house, now they have to re-build from the ground up.

 And about a week ago, someone broke into our house. We were asleep when it happened. We had about four police vehicles outside our house at five in the morning. Thanks to the person who broke in and took off the safety latches-the police took them and my grocery list. My hubby told me to forgive and forget.. but I can't. It's not that simple. I am paranoid now, it's driving me nuts. anyways..

I found a recipe awhile go for no butter cookies!

here's the recipe..


No Butter: Peanut Butter Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 large egg
1 cup sugar 
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 pinches of oatmeal
2 dashes of sea salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup nutella
2 spoonfuls of coco powder
1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use the blue diamond brand)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup assorted nuts (I used a California mix without the raisins) 
 
Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350
2.In a small bowl, mix flour,salt, and soda together with a fork.
3.In medium bowl, beat egg with a fork until yellow in color. Beat in sugar and vanilla extract, add milk and beat together.
4.slowly add the flour into the egg mixture.mix until just combined
5.Mix in peanut butter and nutella. 
6.fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. sprinkle the coco powder over the mixture and mix in.
7. Roll into medium balls (about a tablespoon) between your palms and flatten with a floured fork on a  cookie sheet sprayed with olive oil. <--note: only flatten if you want them to be flat. the smaller you make the balls, the more cookies you will have to eat and less guilty you'll feel eating them.
8. Bake as many as you see fit on a cookie sheet. these bake pretty quickly so watch them! they bake for about 5-10 minutes.

This is my version of the recipe.
Now here is the pictures!!:)     
                                                     the batter--->

 got that cool tool has a christmas present.. its a lifesaver!
 <--see if you flatten with a fork, they turn out flat..but they are still very yummy!
nom nom nom.. my son is like the cookie monster he kept eating all the cookies off the cooling rack.

<--now these are the ones I rolled into balls and put straight into the oven.
<--show the detail..yummy goodness!

<--original recipe before my changes..






well my hubby just got home. back at our old duty station, he'd be still on 95.. oh how I love this new place. five minute commute now.:)
and.. the boy.. is still asleep! woo hoo!!hope you enjoyed this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment