Howdy!

This blog was created to share my love of photography and baking, all the through being a Marine wife and a stay-at-home mother.

Friday, August 10, 2012

A mix of this and that


For dinner last night I made Mexican Chicken and Rice Dinner. I had found the recipe on the back of the a Minute White Rice Box.  The original recipe can be found here. Here's my version though..

Mexican Chicken and Rice Dinner

1 pd Chicken breast tenderloins thinly sliced cut into rectangular shapes and cubes
3 dash sea salt
3 dash black pepper
pinch of kick'n chicken
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
frozen pepper strips (I used the VIP brand green, red and yellow strips)
2 cups water
about 1 cup organic salsa
2 cups Minute brown rice
1 can 15.2oz whole kernel corn
1/2 bag of Weight Watchers Mexican Blend Reduced-Fat Cheese

1.Heat oil in large skillet on medium high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle the sea salt, pepper, and kick'n chicken seasoning over chicken. add the frozen pepper strips to the chicken and mix together. 
 -cover and cook for 1-2 minutes. check chicken and stir the peppers. repeat this step until the chicken is lightly browned and the strips are tender.
-remove chicken and peppers from the skillet and move into a medium skillet with a cover, to keep warm.
2. add the water and salsa to the large skillet;stir until well blended. Bring to a boil-about medium high heat. 
    -once the water and salsa are boiling, add the rice and corn. cover. reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender.
3.once the rice is done cooking, top with chicken and peppers. sprinkle with cheese.reduce heat to low;cover. continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted. turn off the stove, and enjoy!!

So that was last night..


This morning I made a blueberry smoothie for Craig..

It was all gone when he brought it back to me..

and then.. I saw it.
I don't quite know how it happened.But it did. and it was all over the wall,
and the carpet..


and the bed comforter.. 

Luckily, I ran in there quickly after getting some pictures with a dish rag and got the blueberry off the wall, and everywhere else for that matter.

All of a sudden all I heard was Sesame Street on the TV.
and then is what I saw. 
he was jumping on the couch without cushions.. and I'm thinking he was using the cushions as padding. 
I don't lie when I say my son is a monkey and like the energizer bunny. 




                                          

                                                              hope you have enjoyed this post!
                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment